follow info updated of our meeting.
I hope everyone enjoyed the event as I did.
& we are already planning our DSEMCluster next meeting.
1.We need more time to deepen the dicussions with the active participation of the professionals.
2.There is still a long way to consolidate the best practices for the environmental monitoring of decomissioning acitivities in Brazil and Europe.
3.The presence of energy industry operators in our cluster is our next goal.
I will keep everyone from our network updated with the new list of participants and on the report of the event.
Participants Presentations below:
DeepSea Project Experience and Prospects with Claudia Erber
NBBSW DSEMC RT_REC_ClaudiaErber
Biologist, Msc. and MBA in Environmental Science. Developed her expertise in bioacoustics of cetaceans. Has extensive experience in projects related to environmental impact of energy industry on the marine environment, from the preparation of reports to Control Environmental Impact Assessment to the implementation of projects onboard ships and rigs. Participating in cetacean research projects since 1996 and the Project Monitoring Marine Biota in vessels, got solid experience of cetaceans and sea turtles. Managed two Beaches Monitoring Projects, integrating development, environment and fishing communities. At Runde Miljøsenter is studying the deep-sea life onboard subsea vessels during O&G operations. In 2016 started to develop an unique bilateral cooperation within research and development, including industry from Brazil and Norway.
Innovation Norway Experience with Cluster Development with Rune Andersen
Rune has worked strengthening the commercial and RD&I ties between Norway and Brazil for several years from the Oslo office. Since 2012, Rune has worked based at Rio office. Rune has an extensive knowledge about the Brazilian culture, institutions and language. In addition, he works in close cooperation with clusters and research institutions. He has a MSc in Economics from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration.
CSA Company Experience with Decommissioning Process with Alan Hart
Doctor of Philosophy in Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1981 Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Texas Tech University, 1973. Dr. Hart has over 40 years of oceanographic and environmental science experience. He has served as Project Manager on numerous oil and gas industry projects. He has served as an environmental consultant for numerous industry clients and Federal and State agencies concerning seismic, exploration, and developmental activities in the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, Sea of Okhotsk, Caribbean and Caspian Seas, and Alaska waters. He is experienced in assessing environmental impacts as they are related to biological, chemical, geological, and physical oceanography. Dr. Hart has developed sampling designs, performed the statistical analyses of the data, and prepared and edited the manuscripts for numerous biological assessments of offshore and coastal areas, multidisciplinary baseline studies, and ecosystem programs. He was the Project Manager for a major water quality study for the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary to develop a water quality protection plan for the Environmental Protection Agency. Dr. Hart has also served as Task Leader and Assistant Project Manager on a number of major multidisciplinary projects, including a multimillion dollar study of offshore platforms for DOE and another major multimillion dollar study of bioaccumulation of produced water discharges into the Gulf of Mexico performed for the Offshore Operators Committee. Other important projects include a study of the environmental impacts of deepwater oil and gas activities in the Gulf of Mexico and environmental impact studies of non-aqueous drilling fluid cuttings discharges in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Ghana.
Edson Marcello Peçanha Montez – ANP
He has a degree in Chemical Engineering from UFRJ and Master degree in Environment and Energy Planning from Coppe/UFRJ. He has been working at ANP as a specialist in Oil & Gas regulation since 2005, mainly in the Environment Division. Currently, coordinates the Decommissioning and Areas Recovery Division, within the Operational Safety and Environment Superintendency. He has extensive experience in environmental issues of the oil and gas E&P segment, as the environment management systems implementation, degraded areas recovery and atmospheric emissions inventories.
Bruno Graffino – IBAMA
Environmental Analyst at IBAMA/CPROD/DILIC/CGPEG
Itagyba Alvarenga Neto – IBAMA
Coordinator of Environmental Licensing of Oil and Gas Production at IBAMA/CGMAC
Roland Wiefels – IBAMA
PhD in Geography at Sorbonne University – Paris (1999). M.Sc in Business Administration at COPPE – UFRJ (1975). B.Sc in Business Administration at UFRJ (1973). Scholarship from the Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft for a one-year training in production and marketing of seafood in Germany (1976). 11 years’ experience as researcher in fisheries at Brazilian SUDEPE (Federal Fisheries Administration) in Rio de Janeiro (1977-1987); 3 years’ experience as FAO Chief Technical Advisor of a comprehensive fisheries project (CVI/86/006) in Cape Verde (1987 -1990); 6 years’ experience as fisheries expert at French COFREPECHE, subsidiary of IFREMER, in Paris, France (1990-1996); 20 years’ experience as Director General of the Intergovernmental Organization INFOPESCA, in Montevideo, Uruguay (1996-2015); 3 years’ experience as Environmental Analyst (specialized in marine environment) at IBAMA’s Environmental Licensing Unit in Rio de Janeiro (since 2015). These experiences include field activities in 55 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Arab Countries, the European Union and Eastern European Countries.
Vicente Carrasco – Kongsberg Maritime do Brasil Ltda.
Deep Water Environmental Monitoring_Kongsberg_Vicente Carrasco
Service engineer (s.a. sedni): Service assistance engineer on Simulators and Navigation System from Norcontrol Systems & Norcontrol Seacraft. Level measurement System from Scana Skarpenor.S ervice engineer (simrad spain sl): Customer Support on Fishery, Fishery Research, Simulation, Hydrographic and Yachting Equipment. Sales assistance for demonstrations, seminars, daily contact with local dealers. SUBSEA Sales manager (simrad spain sl ): Sales & marketing on Simulation, Hydrographic & Fishery Research Equipment and Subsea Portfolio in general. Actually, on sales for Subsea portfolio.
Arthur Ayres Neto – UFF
DSEM Cluster – HISAS and Decomissioning – Arthur Ayres
Graduated in geology at UFRJ. MSc. at UFF (Brazil) and PhD at Uni-Kiel (Germany) in marine geology and geophysics with emphasis is underwater acoustics applied to engineering and environmental projects. Main research focus is on underwater geoacoustics and correlation of geophysical attributes with physical properties of the seafloor.
Mauricio da Rocha Fragoso – Prooceano
Oceanographer with a PhD in Computational Modeling in Environmental Engineering at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. Has been working on regional ocean modelling, data assimilation and ocean measurements with gliders, Argo floats, drifters and remote sensing. He is one of the founders of Prooceano, an oceanographic technology company created in Rio de Janeiro in 2004, which provides services for Oil & Gas industry. Since 2012, became the General Manager, when Prooceano became part of the French international Group CLS. He is the Coordinator of Project Azul, the first Ocean Observing System established in Brazil, performed in collaboration with Federal University of Rio.
Gulbrand Wangen – Norwegian Energy Partners
Environmental Monitoring in Norway_Norwep_GulbrandWangen
Experienced Director with a demonstrated history of working in the oil & energy industry. Skilled in Petroleum and Renewable Energy, Strategy and Supply Chain Mangement. Market experience from Africa, Brazil and India. Strong professional with a Dr. Ing. focused in Energy Management and System Technology from NTNU, Trondheim. Norway
Special Participation: Mauricio Syrio Alves – FINEP
DSEMCRT_FINEP_Mauricio Alves Syrio
Mauricio Alves Syrio is currently superintendent of AFI, an operational area at Finep, whose mission is to promote R&D&I actions carried out by the business sector and to support the innovation business plans and projects of Brazilian companies through different financial tools (loans and grants). The area is composed by four operational units: Oil & Gas and Naval Industry Department, Industrial Processes Department (petrochemical, chemical, metallurgy, steel, mining, paper and cellulose, cosmetics, building materials), Agribusiness Department (fertilizers, pesticides, plant and animal genetics, veterinary, agricultural machinery and food industry) and Metal-Mechanical Department (automotive industry, road and rail implements; transport equipment and cargo handling; Metallurgy – casting, machining, stamping & tube manufacturing; Building – equipment and products for construction; Electronics – Except Computer products; textile, leather and clothing; Furniture; Chart). Those departments’ duty is to promote, analyze and monitor projects and R&D&I programs of Brazilian companies. The area that Mauricio manages, in line with Government policies, is also responsible for identifying, proposing and formulating policies, guidelines and programs related to the area along the deliberative bodies of Finep. Mauricio represents FINEP in industry forums related activities end of the area he manages (AFI) and since October 2012, by Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation concierge designation integrates intergovernmental Task Force for Cooperation on Science, Technology and Innovation (ST&I) between Brazil and Norway. Mauricio is a member of a Finep´s Superintendent Committee that meets weekly to deliberate on the evaluations of reimbursable operations and investment proposals, recommending their approval to the Executive Board, or by setting their rejection, considering the opinions and reports of operational and credit areas.
Round-table Coordinator: Leonardo Santi – CSA Ciências Oceânicas Marine Biologist, Master degree in Marine Science and PhD Biological Oceanography with 20 years of oceanographic and environmental science experience. Senior Scientist in CSA Continental Shelf Associates Inc. (CSA Ciências Oceânica Ltda.), developing projects, proposals, and project logistics. Party Chief onboard research cruises for 10 years, using knowledge in Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE) requirements to conduct offshore projects and preparing vessels for port audits and client needs.
List of Professionals Participants:
- Andre Esteves – UFPE -Professor
- Alan Hart – CSA Ciências Oceânicas Ltda – Ocean Science Scientific Director
- Alvaro Oliveira – AECOM Brasil – Sr. Project Specialist
- Anna Maria Scofano – Petrobras -Oceanographer / Senior Advisor
- Athila Bertoncini – UNIRIO – PhD. Oceanographer
- Arthur Ayres Neto – UFF – PhD.
- Bruno Graffino de Oliveira – IBAMA – Environmental Analyst
- Carlos Frederico Marins – Gardline Marine Sciences do Brasil – Marketing Director
- Carolina Azevedo – CSA Ciências Oceânicas Ltda – Environmeental Analyst
- Claudia Erber – RMS – Msc.Marine Biologist
- Claudio Dupas – IBAMA- Environmental ANalyst
- Claudio Violante Ferreira – Petrobras – Engenheiro
- Denise Reigada – Finep -Phd. Analyst
- Edson Montez – ANP- Head of Safety Operations & Environment
- Eleine Francioni de Abreu Lima – Petrobras – Environmental Analyst
- Fabiano Thompson – UFRJ/COPPE – PhD. Professor
- Fabio Correa da Silva – Petrobras – Engenheiro de Produção
- Fernanda Rymer – Consultant – Msc.Biol. Environmetal Consultant
- Geraldo Pinto Rodrigue – CSSUB – ChiefOfficer
- Guarani Cavalcanti – Petrobras – Msc.Biologist
- Gulbrand Wangen – Norwegian Energy Partners – Regional Director for Brazil
- Igor Drummond Alvarenga – CSSUB – Chief Information
- Ingrid Costa – Benthos Ambiental / MZUSP – PhD. Biologist
- Itagyba Alvarenga Neto – IBAMA – Environmental Analyst
- Jan Dybfest – Minister Cousellor- Norwegian Embassy
- Jose Policarpo – Consultant – PhD. Biologist
- Juliano R. Carregari – CRN Engineering – Engineer
- Leonardo Santi – CSA Ciências Oceânicas Ltda – Managing Director
- Liana Silva – AECOM Brasil – Project Analyst
- Luiz Barbosa – AECOM Brasil – Sr. Project Analyst
- Maria Patricia Curbelo Fernandez – PUC-Rio – Biologist
- Marco Aurelio S. Gatti – ANP – Analyst
- Mauricio Syrio Alves – FINEP – Superintendent
- Mauricio Fragoso – Prooceano – General Manager
- Mario Sergio Oliveira – Olpro Consultoria Em Engenharia E Negócios – Executive Director
- Paulo Márcio Santos Costa – Oceânides Serviços de Consultoria Amb. e Ocean.- Biologist
- Paulo de Tarso Esperança – LabOceano Coppe/UFRJ -Executive Director
- Pedro Jose da Costa – Nortek -Director in Brazil
- Priscila Silva – Petrobras – MSc.
- Rafael Moura – UFRJ- Phd.Biologist
- Renata Ferreira – Innovation Norway – Senior Project Manager
- Roland WIEFELS – IBAMA – Environmental Analyst
- Ronald Carreteiro – Sobena- Coordinator at Decommissioning Committee
- Rosana Andrade -ANP -Analyst
- Rune Andersen – Innovation Norway – Consul Science and Technology
- Ståle Johnsen – Sintef Ocean SA -Senior Advisor Confirmed
- Thais C.C. de Abreu – PUC-Rio – Biologist
- Tore Aunaas – Sintef Ocean SA- Vice President at Technology Department
- Vicente Carrasco – Kongsberg Maritime – Sales Manager Subsea South America
- Ying Guo – IRIS – Senior Business Developer
Those who wish to succeed must ask the right preliminary questions. ARISTOTLE, Metaphysics, II, (III), i.